[antlr-interest] Character/String Constants

Tom Zagotta tzagotta1 at sienasystems.com
Mon Dec 22 06:50:40 PST 2003

Is it possible to define character or string constants?

For example, if I use '0'..'9' in lots of places, I'd like to define a
constant called DIGIT.

I know that in the Lexer I could have a "protected DIGIT: '0'..'9';"
definition, but this generates an additional member function.  The desire is
to have this be "inlined" with no member function.

If this isn't supported in 2.7.2, is it planned for a future release (3?)?

Thanks,

- Tom

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: