[antlr-interest] Re: SLL(1) grammar subset LL(1) grammar: proof by existence?

sarah2geller sarah2geller at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 24 11:37:54 PST 2003

Now I feel bad. This is unfair if you do not have your books handy.
Please believe me when I say that LL(1)==SLL(1), at least until you
can check for yourself. The grammar you gave is SLL(1).

What you may be thinking of is that cannonical LL(1) parsers are
sometimes able to detect errors slightly sooner than SLL(1) parsers.
But the classes of grammars are identical.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: