[antlr-interest] help with lexical nondeterminism

Alan Oursland alan at oursland.net
Thu Feb 13 07:46:26 PST 2003

Do you mean "Lexical lookahead and the end-of-token symbol"? That didn't
help me understand why this example doesn't work.

Each of the tokens ends with a ';' and none of them start with a semicolon.
Shouldn't it be clear where the boundaries are?

i.e.
	EXAMPLE1();
}
else if( LA(1) == '.' && LA(2) == '.' ) {
	EXAMPLE1();
}
else if( LA(1) == '.' && LA(2) == ';' ) {
	EXAMPLE2();
}

Alan