[antlr-interest] Lexical rules

Sharon Li hushlee83 at yahoo.com.sg
Mon Feb 17 21:33:14 PST 2003

Hello,

got a problem with non-determinism. how should i define my lexer rules so that I can have:

DIGIT : ('0'..'9');

NUMERIC : (DIGIT)+ ((DOT) (d:DIGIT)*)* ;

NAME : (ALPHA) (ALPHA|DIGIT|UNDERSCORE)* ;

all in my lexer without getting a non-determinism error? Coz I need a rule that finds a single digit as well as a rule that finds a numeric (i.e with decimal places), and a rule for a single letter as well as word.

Thanks in advance for any help rendered!

 Yahoo! Biztools
- Promote your business from just $5 a month!