[antlr-interest] got new "language implementation" lecture audio up

Matt Benson gudnabrsam at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 18 12:01:38 PST 2003

Well, again, my interest in Antlr was a direct result
of my decision to adapt a Java source
analysis/refactoring package that used Antlr
(Transmogrify) for the specific purpose of
implementing intelligent code completion, especially
for the Jext Java text editor to which I am a
contributor.  Transmogrify already has a very in-depth
symbol table generation approach.  The symbol table is
built by using a handmade tree walker.  After the "XML
Parsing the easy way" project, my first question is
whether a TreeParser can be used to construct a
SymbolTable in perhaps a (at least somewhat) simpler
or more intuitive way than the current tree walking
class which is 1300+ lines long (800+ NCS lines).
While I obviously don't expect your class to go into
this level of detail to a particular implementation,
this is the direction of my personal interest.

Thanks again for making this available and
understandable.  I feel like I am learning tons!