[antlr-interest] Re: Visualization of trees

micheal_jor <open.zone at virgin.net> open.zone at virgin.net
Tue Jan 21 16:17:59 PST 2003

> > Terrence,
> >
> > So may be you really can put on Leonid this task with Java Tree
> > debugger?
> > Why not ?
>
> Well, I've no time to manage a student at this point.  Plus the
> ASTFrame does what you asked for now, doesn't it?  Not convenient
for
> C++, but you are talking about Java here, right?
>
> Terence

ANTLR C# runtime also has ASTFrame and might be easier for C++
integration on Windows. Should easy enough to wrap C#'s ASTFrame up
for use from C/C++.

Or, create an XMLReaderASTFrame (in Java/C#) that works off the AST's
serialized XML. As long as all languages support XML serialization
with the same format.

Personally, I find the improved ToStringTree() method in C# useful
since it actually prints a tree. And I used to ask for debuggers...

Micheal