[antlr-interest] feed back on tutorial

cintyram <cintyram at yahoo.com> cintyram at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 19:05:58 PST 2003

hi sudip,
 first of all i must say thanks for coming up with a good tutorial ;
 and coupled with the examples is a very god resource ;
im sure as you said you wrote it in a hurry, you will find places to
improve it;  though i must confess i did spend some time initially and
bugged quite a few good souls on this list to understand all that
stuff; i find that it is very good and interesting to revise all the
concepts;
as of now i can only suggest changes to the cosmetics, which i hope
wont take a long time for you to incorporate,

plese highlight the more important material either with a different
light  colored background, or use bold and bigger font size,

there are som eother tutorials also on the web, but i liked the
exhaustive nature of this one and also it is neatly classified ;

i hope once ter puts his lecture notes up , we will have some really
good material ;

my guess is most ppl who will want to read a tutorial are either
studetns or professionals seriously considering implementation .

for students it will be good to provide easy instructions for runtime
environemnts also ; i had done a real dummies style write up on what i
did to compile a static lib for vc at
http://www.geocities.com/cintyram/antlr
but now im running into problems trying to build a staic lib for
2.7.2 ; [please read my last post im sorry i did not change the
subject ]  my idea was that to learn how to wrtie a grammar file, one
can start easily by starting with a template..

i will go thru your tutorial once again over this week end and sed you
more detailed feed back;
once again you did a very good job and by all means every one would
want you to continue  to improve that tutorial ;
all the best
cheers
ram