[antlr-interest] PERL VS ANTLR

Dvoryansky Leonid dvleonid at land.ru
Mon Jan 27 14:02:29 PST 2003

> > I was wondering how do Perl and Antlr compare .  Would Antlr be a
> > superset of Perl ?  Or is Perl THE language for text manipulation ?
> > Answers to this question should ignore the learning time .I just want to
> > know if Antlr can do more than Perl even if its a language blah blah
> > ...!!!

The main difference I think is that Perl is imerative language, but ANTLR
is declaretive (disregarding C semantic attributes).
So despite the fact that they have overlapping sets of solving tasks they
implement different ways for that.

By the way is it possible to write ANTLR in ANTLR-grammars? hmm....