[antlr-interest] Bug in buildTokenTypeASTClassMap generation(antlr 2.7.2)

ilandrieu ives.landrieu at pandora.be
Wed Jul 16 09:43:15 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm not a user of antlr, but I am using it to compile the Java Data Objects
reference implementation. Their grammar file contains rules like:

    IMPORT = "import"         <AST=com.sun.jdori.common.query.tree.Node>;

(the quotes around import are important, I could not throw them out). This leads
to the generation of the following code in antlr 2.7.2 for the method
buildTokenTypeASTClassMap in the parser class :

	protected void buildTokenTypeASTClassMap() {
		tokenTypeToASTClassMap = new Hashtable();
		tokenTypeToASTClassMap.put(new Integer("import"),
com.sun.jdori.common.query.tree.Node.class);

This code causes a NumberFormatException("import" cannot be parsed to an
integer value) when called (as happens in the  constructor of the parser class).
The correct code seems to be:

	tokenTypeToASTClassMap.put(new Integer(IMPORT),
                                        com.sun.jdori.common.query.tree.Node.class);

I solved my problem, but I wanted to know whether this is a known issue with
antlr 2.7.2 (or should I file it somewhere?), or is it a problem in the JDO grammar
file?

Cheers,
Ives