[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3 License

Matt Benson gudnabrsam at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 13:33:00 PDT 2003

ARGH! :)

from Section 6:

you may also combine or link a "work that uses the
Library" with the Library to produce a work containing
portions of the Library, and distribute that work
under terms of your choice, provided that the terms
permit modification of the work for the customer's own
use and reverse engineering for debugging such
modifications.

"the terms permit modification of the work for the
customer's own use and reverse engineering", "the
work" being "a 'work that uses the Library'."

If I write a "work that uses the Library" under the
LGPL, this says that I can license MY work under the
terms of my choice PROVIDED that those terms permit
modification.  Where is the communication gap here?

-Matt