[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR questionaire

Anthony W Youngman Anthony.Youngman at ECA-International.com
Thu Jul 24 07:27:59 PDT 2003

Which is why I drew a CAREFUL distinction between SYNTAX and SEMANTICS.

In other words, at the point at which I downloaded antlr, I would have
understood perfectly what you were asking. It's just that in my case,
most of the questions would not have been capable of being answered.
Just because the question makes sense doesn't mean that the questionee
can provide a sensible answer... like asking a colourblind person
whether they prefer red or green ...

Cheers,
Wol

-----Original Message-----
From: atripp54321 [mailto:atripp at comcast.net]
Sent: 24 July 2003 15:20
To: antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR questionaire

I don't understand.
You're saying you can't understand these questions???
Which question don't you understand?
My whole goal with these questions was to make them
understandable by any programmer.
Heck, even most non-programmers would understand most of them!

Andy

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "Anthony W Youngman"
<Anthony.Youngman at E...> wrote:
> A *BIG* problem with a questionnaire like that - especially if filled
in
> at download - is users like me. An experienced (guru?) programmer, but
> with no oo or compiler experience, most of those questions would have
> made perfect sense syntactically, but been semantically
incomprehensible
> ... :-)

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to