[antlr-interest] Re: More on ANTLR 2.7.2, VC++ 6.0 and portability

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Wed Jun 4 01:55:52 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 03:04:33PM -0700, iank at bearcave.com wrote:
>   The other surprising experience I had is that a simple test grammar
>   (e.g., my expression grammar) and its associated "main" no longer
>   ran properly.  Some of this had to do with the way the AST factory
>   is initialized (I picked this up from the examples).

It's in the C++ docs as well.. at least in the ones in the repository this
is documented.

>  However there seem to be grammar based problems as well (no grammar errors
>  or warnings, but the grammer works differently now).  So the transition
>  has not been as painless as I had hoped.

Could you elaborate on this?

>   and ANTLR is evolving.  That's the bad news too when you go to a new
>   release, even when it is "new and improved".

I just shipped off a snapshot to some MSVC users I know. I hope the DLL and
static build will work now. Also configure/make build should now be in sync
with the new java stuff.

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----