[antlr-interest] Re: Simple Question

micheal_jor open.zone at virgin.net
Tue Jun 17 12:12:41 PDT 2003

I am using C++ as my target language.
<<<

OK.

I'm quite busy working on this parser/treewalker and I don't really
have the time right now to isolate some code that demonstrates this.
I'm pretty confident that this is a bug (or at least an undesirable
feature) and I will try to put something together to demonstrate it
in the future.
<<<

I hope you do find a little time to provide a repro-grammar and
details that demonstrates this issue. It's more likely to get
resolved with such a report.

Keep in mind that the bug manifests itself during the parser
construction phase (by creating a bogus initializeASTFactory).  In
other words, this is not a compile time or run time issue so none of
my C++ code has any impact on this issue.  The issue is in the ANTLR
code generation phase.
<<<

If your parser grammar is relatively "clean" (i.e. doesn't contain a
lot (any?) output-language-specific action code), you might want to
try generating Java or C# code as a test.

I'll try to provide a complete example when/if I can.
<<<

Cool.

Cheers,

Micheal