[antlr-interest] Strange behaviour with '\379' character

berserksangr berserksangr at poczta.onet.pl
Sun Jun 22 12:40:25 PDT 2003

Hello Ric,

Sunday, June 22, 2003, 8:24:32 PM, you wrote:

>> But when in one of the
>> lexer rules I put '\379' character ANTLR malform the produced code.

RK> \379 is not an octal character constant.

<CUT>

RK> I guess you're making a mistake while converting the hex values to octal ?
RK> So as workaround you could try using octal. I'll check for the hex
RK> constants tomorrow.

So which way in my rules I could represent i.e. those unicode (looks like they are hex):
0x017A 0x017C

?
Do you mean, that I should convert them hex-> oct and then write
'\OCT_VALUE', for example '\577'?

Sorry for this lame question, but I usually write in Java with all
unicode details running under the hood.

--
Best regards,
 berserksangr                            mailto:berserksangr at poczta.onet.pl