[antlr-interest] Installing ANTLR on a Compaq Non-Stop Server - Question

ortizjco99 junkmail_inbox at att.net
Tue Jun 24 09:02:55 PDT 2003

I'm trying to get ANTLR 2.7.2 installed on a Compaq Non-Stop server
(formerly Himalaya) running OSS (a Unix-like POSIX compliant OS).

I downloaded antlr-2.7.2.tar.gz, gunzip'd and untar'd it. Then from
the ANTLR's top directory, I ran the configure command like this:

./configure --prefix=/home/sg534961

and this is the message I got:

sg534961 at pind101: ./configure --prefix /home/sg534961
checking if examples must be built... no
checking if BOOTSTRAP_JAR is set... /antlrall.jar
checking for ar... /usr/bin/ar
checking for as... no
checking for gas... no
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
sg534961 at pind101:

Could somebody tell me what it's wrong and whether there is a chance
I can ANTLR successfully installed on this platform.

I appreciate your help. Thanks,

Julio Ortiz