[antlr-interest] Re: Installing ANTLR on a Compaq Non-Stop Server - Question

ortizjco99 junkmail_inbox at att.net
Wed Jun 25 07:32:52 PDT 2003

Hi,
My C/C++ compiler is c89.

Correction: I edited ..../antlr-2.7.2/scripts/Rules.make instead
of ..../antlr-2.7.2/Makefile. By the way, I'm using GNU Make Version
3.74

Before changes:
bootstrap_g: ANTLR := $(ANTLR_BOOTSTRAP)
bootstrap_g: ANTLR_FLAGS := $(ANTLR_BOOTSTRAP_FLAGS)

After changes:
bootstrap_g: ANTLR = $(ANTLR_BOOTSTRAP)
bootstrap_g: ANTLR_FLAGS = $(ANTLR_BOOTSTRAP_FLAGS)

I noticed the fix in the snapshot only after I had already posted my
message. I ran Makefile with the fix and got some C++ compile errors
that I need to investigate.

Thanks again.

Julio

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, Ric Klaren <klaren at c...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 09:26:20PM -0000, ortizjco99 wrote:
> > I compared the config.log file against another one that resulted
from
> > a successful instalation on Windows using Cygwin and discovered
that
> > some environment variables were not set (the C and C++ compilers
> > among them).
>
> What is the name of you C/C++ compiler?
>
> > Then I ran the Makefile from the ANTLR's toplevel directory, and
got
> > the following error message:
> >
> > sg534961 at pind101: make
> > scripts/Rules.make:282: *** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.
> >
> > I edited lines 282 and 283 of ../ANTLR-2.7.2/Makefile and removed
the
> > colons.
>
> Could you post the contents before edit and after edit ?
>
> > I re-ran the Makefile and got the following error message this
time:

> > =============================
> > Making antlr ...
> > gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/sg534961/antlr-2.7.2/antlr'
> > java -cp /home/sg534961/antlr-2.7.2/antlrall.jar antlr.Tool
antlr.g
antlr/Tool

----
----