[antlr-interest] lookahead using multiple lexers is not possible to simulate in ANTLR?

Andrei Timisescu andreitim at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 28 05:51:28 PDT 2003

I have multiple lexeres and would like to look ahead a token with one lexer, and if it is not the token I expect, try another lexer. Something like this is not possible in ANTLR I see:

host
   : {selector->push("hostnameLexer");}  HOSTNAME
   | {selector->push("ipAddressLexer");}  ADDRESS
   ;

ANTLR gets the first token (even if I only look ahead: LA(1)) using current parser and consumes the characteres from the input stream.

Is it possible to simulate someting like the above in ANTLR?