[antlr-interest] xmlSerialize problem (bug?)

Radu Popa <radup_ro at yahoo.com> radup_ro at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 1 14:04:55 PST 2003

Hi all,

I'm new to anlr and I am trying to serialize my AST in XML. The AST
is constructed correctly but I really don't like the "look" of the
XML generated by xmlSerialize.
On one hand I don't need the class name of the node in the XML doc
and on the other hand I cannot figure out a way to insert
the "string" type of the token and not it's integer representation.
Even using BaseAST.setVerboseStringConversion, xmlSerialize is still
outputing teh integer velue of token type (because is not using
BaseAST.toString but directly Token.getText and Token.getType). Also,
BaseAST.tokenNames is private so I cannot access it from my AST class.
Of course there are workarounds for this, but I feel that
xmlSerialize needs some polish.
Am I missing smth or it is really a bug?

Thanks in advance,
Radu