[antlr-interest] Re: need help designing a simple calculator

fedot fedot at stockworm.com
Wed Mar 12 07:46:21 PST 2003

Andrew,

Thank you for pointing me at your web site. Looking at your grammar
files turned out to be a great inspiration. Being new to ANTLR,
grammars included with the package itself were a bit too much for
me. Yours were simple enough to understand yet complex enough to be
useful.

I would recommend that anyone fresh trying to get a grasp of ANTLR
should look at Andrew's calculator sources.

Thanks again!

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Deren" <andrew at a...>
wrote:
> You can look at my calculator example/implenentation. I used antlr
for that
> application and have implementation in java and C#. I have a very
simple
> example (calculator with variables and functions) and then took
that into
> more of a language. I do not use the antlr tree building, but I'm
building
> my own custom made AST.
> You can download it from http://www.adersoftware.com/?
page=compilers