[antlr-interest] Re: C# CommonAST class and Clone()

micheal_jor open.zone at virgin.net
Tue Mar 18 21:03:44 PST 2003

> Michael,
>

> Was there a reason CommonAST.Clone() wasn't implemented with calls
that
> descend the entire AST tree and clone it?

<scratches-head>
Is Clone() still used by ANTLR C# in 2.7.2?
I'm away from the ANTLR C# code presently...
</scratches-head>

Yes. The semantics of node cloning in ANTLR excludes that feature.
Pls see previous related discussion on the list.

IIRC, the copy-by-Clone() mechanism has now been replaced with a copy-
via-reflection mechanism. The Clone()-related code will be deprecated
and excised in due course unless someone *needs* it.

Cheers,

Micheal