[antlr-interest] Re: Parse tree error messages.

lgcraymer lgc at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 28 13:53:30 PST 2003

Trey--

This particular message says that you fell off of a tree--it found
"null" when an AST was expected.  In general, it is hard to figure out
what good error reporting would look like.  Try catching the exception
in a debugger--I find that it helps to poke around to find context for
the message.

--Loring

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "Trey Spiva" <Trey.Spiva at e...>
wrote:
> When parsing a file the recognizers report pretty good error
messages.
> However, when using parse trees the error messages are very cryptic.
 Is