[antlr-interest] lexer help

Matt Benson gudnabrsam at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 13:53:23 PDT 2003

I want to build a Lexer with configurable token text;
that is, I won't know until runtime what character(s)
indicate X token (This is for working with EDI).
Would I be better off building this by hand, or can it
be easily done with ANTLR?  I would like to be able to
match numerals with signs and decimals (I must assume
that the configurable tokens won't be these).

Or, should I build the lexer with ANTLR--once, and
then modify it?

-Matt