[antlr-interest] Re: antlr vs. sableCC comparison

Oliver Zeigermann oliver at zeigermann.de
Sun May 25 04:19:47 PDT 2003

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "lgcraymer" <lgc at m...> wrote:
> > Anyway, please tell more about GLR. How does it work?
>
> I'd suggest looking at a few papers on citeseer
> (http://citeseer.nec.jp)--just do a search on GLR parsing, or
Earley
> parsers, or Tomita parsers.  Any short description (generate all
> possible parses to build a parse forest and then match a tree in
the
> forest) tends to be incoherent.  Or check into one of the recent
> versions of yacc which incorporate an Earley parser.

Well, for anybody else caring about GLR, it seems to be just another
name for "Tomita" parsing (just found that out). As a sidenote,
Tomita parsing is quite different from Earley parsing...

For details have a look at

http://www.cs.vu.nl/~dick/PTAPG.html

and download this very useful book at

ftp://ftp.cs.vu.nl/pub/dick/PTAPG/BookBody.pdf

Oliver