[antlr-interest] Re: spam

Tom Zagotta tzagotta1 at sienasystems.com
Wed Nov 12 18:47:49 PST 2003

> Actually, I think that the "moderate new users" setting might
> help--I can't see these idiots having enough technical savvy
> to post an inocuous message that doesn't raise red flags.
> Besides, they are in gross violation of yahoo policy to begin
> with:  all of  the porn spam that I have bothered to check
> refers to the eroticy site, and I'm surprised that yahoo has
> not taken legal action by now--we can't be the only group
> affected by this noise.

I don't want to spend too much bandwidth on this issue, but my point really
is that Yahoo should install software that filters out this junk.  Most
every company has such software installed as a part of their firewall, and
there are lots of programs that can be run on the desktop that do the same.
There is no (technical) reason that Yahoo couldn't do the same.  I think if
lots of users ask for it, that would help motivate them.

Regards,

- Tom