[antlr-interest] C Grammar Status

John D. Mitchell johnm-antlr at non.net
Sat Nov 15 17:24:50 PST 2003

[...]

> Can anyone let me know the status of the GNU C grammar on antlr.org?

It's there and it's free? :-)

> I know the C++ grammar on antlr.org is pretty out of date.  I see dates
> like 1997 on the C grammar, but is it reasonably correct relative to
> Standard C, and usable with the current release of ANTLR?

> Does anybody have any experience to offer with this grammar?

Well, I'm clearly biased so I'll restrain myself. :-)

Unless somebody's hacked on it that I don't know about, it's still Standard
C ('89 (not 9X, etc.)) with the GNU C extensions (as of when it was
written).

I haven't tried it recently so I don't know if there's anything that needs
to be updated w.r.t. recent Antlr updates.

Obviously, if you run into any problems with it, please do let us know.

Take care,
	John