[antlr-interest] Re: Newbie question [OT]

Anthony W Youngman Anthony.Youngman at ECA-International.com
Tue Nov 18 01:28:25 PST 2003

The other lot to try are O'Reilly :-)

I don't know how easy it is to swing it with them, but they publish
several books where the pdfs are freely available on the web. Probably
the deal is they pay not much in royalties, but the pdfs advertise the
hard copy from O'R.

However, you might need to be a well-known author or have a book they
reckon a lot of people will want to buy anyway in order to swing a deal
like that.

Cheers,
Wol

-----Original Message-----
From: Tiller, Michael (M.M.) [mailto:mtiller at ford.com]
Sent: 13 November 2003 20:51
To: 'antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [antlr-interest] Re: Newbie question [OT]

> From: bob mcwhirter [mailto:bob at werken.com]
> Subject: Re: [antlr-interest] Re: Newbie question
>
> I thought Ter had been given the rights to it back from
> his publisher and was making the PDF freely available.
>
> Ter, am I confused as normal?
>
> 	-bob

I was actually hoping to pull a similar stunt with a book I wrote.  I
asked
my publisher about it and they insisted that with current publishing
technologies the book would never go out of print and that they could
make
new printings on demand.  Bummer.  I wonder why this worked for Terence.

--
Mike

This transmission is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain private and confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must not act on anything disclosed in it, nor must you copy it, modify it, disseminate it in any way, or show it to anyone. Please e-mail the sender to inform us of the transmission error or telephone ECA International immediately and delete the e-mail from your information system.

Telephone numbers for ECA International offices are: Sydney +61 (0)2 9911 7799, Hong Kong + 852 2121 2388, London +44 (0)20 7351 5000 and New York +1 212 582 2333.