[antlr-interest] Re: .Net

micheal_jor open.zone at virgin.net
Tue Oct 7 11:12:48 PDT 2003

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "Mike Jones" <Mike.Jones at w...>
wrote:
> Micheal,
>
> Thanks, this allows my project to proceed. If I have any problems, I
> will post them here. I was really worried I would lose access to ANTLR
> in .Net. Java is nice, but my tools have to run on .Net or no one is
> interested in them. Such is my world.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

You're welcome.

Just to be clear Mike, regardless of which ANTLR tool executable you
choose[1*], it will happilly generate Lexers/Parser/TreeParsers in
*any* of the languages that ANTLR supports (i.e. Java, C++ and C#).
All you need is the appropriate runtime library for your chosen target
language and you can build this using full ANTLR distro (plus any
relevant updates).

I use the Java version of the tool for instance and I generate
Lexers/Parser/TreeParsers in Java, C++ and C#. I could do the same
using the .NET and gcj versions too. In fact, the output should be
identical if I run my grammar file through any of them.

Cheers,

Micheal

[1*]   There are currently 3 executables that I know of:
        - the standard one for Java and,
        - the J# recompile/port for .NET and,
        - the gcj recompile/port for Linux systems
          (gcj can probably build ANTLR exes for other systems).