[antlr-interest] Re: Java Cross Referencer

Ray Waldin ray at waldin.net
Mon Oct 13 15:18:01 PDT 2003

Terence Parr wrote:

>On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 08:55 AM, Jim O'Connor wrote:
>

>>Our software needs to translate this information into some coherent
>>form and query the results.  We have some test code but would rather
>>not spend tons of time thinking up strange Java resolution cases.  Any
>>thoughts on places to find example code? I realize there are lots of
>>places to find code.  Succinct examples that stretch the breadth of
>>Java resolution is desired.
>>

>Well, there may be some test suites out there.  Not sure.
>
>Cool...so the interface will trigger "events" when it sees a reference
>etc... :)

I've found the IBM Jacks project to be a great starting point:

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/cvs/jikes/~checkout~/jacks/jacks.html

Although there are some runtime tests intended to test how a compiler
compiles based on how the compiled output runs, most tests are
compile-time test cases that proved quite useful as a basis for Java
cross reference tests, not to mention basic Java parser tests.
Unfortunately, their scripts are written in TCL, but if you're
comfortable hacking TCL or plan to just reuse the source files, Jacks is
a nice starting point.

Hope this helps.

-Ray