[antlr-interest] BLOG

Oliver Zeigermann oliver at zeigermann.de
Sun Oct 26 09:22:27 PST 2003

Hi,

I have just read part of the BLOG and find the idea to scan ahead with
an FA a very interesting idea. I noticed, I myself as a human, do
exactly the same when disambiguiting something in a formal language:
scanning ahead until you find the character you are looking for to
decide between the options. So, if this method does not work on a
grammar, the language or the grammar should be fairly unreadable for
humans as well.

Also the concept of template-based code generation was overdue!

Looking forward to ANTLR 3.0 :)

Oliver