[antlr-interest] grammar for jdk1.5 parameterized types

John P N Pybus john-yahoo at pybus.org
Thu Sep 18 13:04:23 PDT 2003

I've had a quick look.  Jamie's solution uses a bracket counter in the
lexer.  This is a global counter for the file and I'm not quite sure how
it deals with odd comparison operations though:

if (n < 3) {
   new List<Map<String>>();
}

The clover grammer Matthew referenced at:

http://www.thecortex.net/clover/generics.html#grammar

also uses a counter, but in the parser.  It gets rather complicated though.

What I remember is the Sun document Matthew mentions, which I also can't
find.  It uses the aformentioned GT_GT and GT_EQ approach which does
seem the simplest.

Yours,

John