[antlr-interest] Re: visual basic 6 grammar

Anthony Youngman Anthony.Youngman at ECA-International.com
Fri Apr 2 04:57:22 PST 2004

Does the grammar contain source code? Or is it just bnf notation (or
whatever it's called)?

Because if it's the latter, then the GPL will not infect any generated
lexer/parser, because it will not contain any GPL code.

The problem, of course, is that if it's the former, any generated
lexer/parser will be GPL too, and that then infects any product built
using it.

Cheers,
Wol

-----Original Message-----
From: Anakreon [mailto:p98043 at rainbow.cs.unipi.gr]
Sent: 02 April 2004 13:52
To: antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [antlr-interest] Re: visual basic 6 grammar

> Please consider releasing your VBScript grammar on a less restrictive
> license. The LGPL or BSD/MIT/X11/etc licenses would be more useful for
> a grammar. Many of the grammars on www.antlr.org are actually released
> as PD contributions.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Micheal
> ANTLR/C#
I have ideological reasons which prevent me from releasing any work I do
in a
license other than GPL.

This transmission is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain private and confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must not act on anything disclosed in it, nor must you copy it, modify it, disseminate it in any way, or show it to anyone. Please e-mail the sender to inform us of the transmission error or telephone ECA International immediately and delete the e-mail from your information system.

Telephone numbers for ECA International offices are: Sydney +61 (0)2 9911 7799, Hong Kong + 852 2121 2388, London +44 (0)20 7351 5000 and New York +1 212 582 2333.