[antlr-interest] language conversion

ronald.petty at milliman.com ronald.petty at milliman.com
Tue Apr 6 07:10:38 PDT 2004

Hi,
If you couldn't tell I am trying to convert VB code to C.  However I am
having trouble deciding the best way to go about this using Antlr.  I
understand you make the lexer/parser.  However I am not sure what point to
do the translation to another language.  I realize that there are things
like varible scoping that will effect my translation, and I am not sure
where this kind of logic would go in the Antlr process.  It seems there
are several choices (parser, ast, tokenstream stuff, etc).  I am still in
the newbie/overwhelmed stage of all the Antlr features.

Any advice?  (Besides don't use VB :) )

Thanks
Ron

This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Unless indicated
to the contrary: it does not constitute professional advice or
opinions upon which reliance may be made by the addressee or any
other party, and it should be considered to be a work in progress.