[antlr-interest] Re: caseSensitive question?

micheal_jor open.zone at virgin.net
Fri Apr 9 11:21:13 PDT 2004

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, ronald.petty at m... wrote:
> The current plan is to GPL it.  We feel there is a need from VB to
> language X.

Understood. As I said to the poster of the previous VB-ish grammar,
"please consider a less restrive license like the BSD".

> So yes I do, espically since I am getting free help, of course I
want to
> "payback" to the community.

If you feel that way, then you should.

> And for you question about "it doesn't work", means I should have
sent the
> parser :).

No. Well, perhaps. "No" because I didn't know there was a parser. I
just couldn't understand how your lexer wasn't working hence my
request for input and messages.

"Perhaps" because, it a little difficult trying to help if I have no
idea of what's in your grammar. If the grammar needs to remain
confidential and you still need help, you should consider hiring a
skilled ANTLR/language design consultant. Just ask on the list.

> I am climbing the newbie hump with Antlr and still trying to
> learn how to describe things I see.  In this case it means the program
> terminated (back to a prompt).

Don't sound like not working to me. End of input maybe?. Unless you
meant to say it terminated abruptly (i.e. crashed, stack-tracked,
core-dump or similar).

Are you building an AST yet?. Look at the Java grammar sample - if you
are developing in C# or Java - for an example of how to display this
AST in an ASTFrame.

Micheal