[antlr-interest] antlr 3 stuff

matthew ford Matthew.Ford at forward.com.au
Sun Apr 11 16:22:31 PDT 2004

Hi Monty,
I started reading this paper today.  I got lost in the syntax.
It looks powerful, perhaps too powerful for the average user (me).

I could think of two uses for this in Antlr 3
i) use this type of macro expansions to support multiple output languages.
It should make it easier for the power user to add support for another
language
by replacing the macro files without touching the Antlr parser
ii) use the pretty printer idea to improve the error reporting in Antlr and
to tie the final code to the input grammar.

Is this what you had in mind.
all the best
matthew