[antlr-interest] Re: Error recovery

jduquevieira jpdv at medialog.pt
Mon Apr 12 01:10:45 PDT 2004

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "lgcraymer" <lgc at m...> wrote:
> What you really want to change is the input buffering.  Check out
> CharBuffer.java in the antlr directory and write an equivalent
> (assuming that you are using Java--C++ and C# differ) that blocks
on
> interactive input at end of line rather than returning EOF.
>
> --Loring

Hi Loring. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Anyway, I think that I didn't explain my self correctely.
Imagine that the user writes:
     "2+*4)"

As you can see, there are parenthesis missing (left) and a number
(between the "+" and the "*").

Even though the user as failed to write a correct statement, my
editor has to be able to recover from it and show place holders
where the missing characters were expected:
     "_2+_*4)"

All of this graphically, of course. But, that point is already
covered.
All I have left to solve is the parser.

Any ideas?

Best regards.