[antlr-interest] Re: File spec grammar

idontwantanidwith2000init idontwantanidwith2000init at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 12:53:44 PDT 2004

You might find your answer in "second lexical pass" messages that
are posted.

It seems like you need a second pass and there is a proposal how to
avoid it.

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "Mike Lischke" <lists at l...>
wrote:
> > You've said you have a problem with DIV and PATH_PART.
> > could you give an example where semantically it can cause it?
> >
> > 123/123.12 can it be considered a file name?
>
> Yes it can be considered as a file name. For instance Windows
accepts also forward slashes as path separator and except
> for a handful of characters everything is allowed as path or file
name. You can for instance also create something like:

> 123/45.67\89.0/1.2.3.4.5+e4
>
> This name is 100% valid.
>
> I thought about creating a subparser for file names but somehow
I've got the feeling this will not really solve my
> problem. Anyway, I'll try it and see what comes out. I only hoped
the parser gurus would already have solved such a