[antlr-interest] charVocabulary

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Tue Apr 20 03:49:18 PDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 03:02:34PM +0300, Anakreon wrote:
> When it finds a Greek character (is delta [ä]) an error is produced with
> unexpected char: 0xr4
> The charVocabulary is:
> charVocabulary = '\3'..'\377' | '\u1000'..'\u1fff';
> Should I choose an other range of characters?
> Also, the message seems strange because there is no hex number with an [r]
> in it.
> Hex numbers are ('0' .. '9' | 'a' .. 'f')+

Looks like a problem in NoViableAltForCharException.java. It's printing a
wrong value because it's geared to byte sized values (probably my mistake
when trying to fix printing illegible errors)

If the value of that delta is in that character range it should be ok I
guess.

I'll see if I can fix the thing for 2.7.4 release.

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----