[antlr-interest] TokenStreamRewriteEngine and C++

Andrey R. Urazov a_urazov at mail.ru
Tue Apr 20 07:13:18 PDT 2004

Dear Ric,

Is it possible to release some snapshot sooner? If not, could you
possibly pinpoint what's the problem with the RefToken since I'll need
the functionality of a rewrite engine within two weeks and will have to
implement it on my own if it's not yet available by the time.

And also, out of curiosity, what's so sucky about these refcounters in
general?

By the way, does it make sense to your opinion to use smart pointers
(shared pointers, in particular) from the boost library? Since boost is
widely used by practitioners and some parts of it are considered as
upcoming standards, I think that if functionality of the smart pointers
from boost suits the needs of project, it's appealing to use them.

Thanks a lot for the work you do!

> Not yet. It needs changing of the RefToken (once more d*mn these sucky
> refcounters) definitions so I decided to not incorporate it in the next
> release since it's a bit too structural a change. After 2.7.4 release I'll
> probably release a snapshot that contains it.

Best regards,
  Andrey Urazov