[antlr-interest] Re: C++ run-time and ref-counters (was TokenStreamRewriteEngine and C++)

iank at bearcave.com iank at bearcave.com
Wed Apr 21 13:25:27 PDT 2004

  I would also like to offer some reference counted C++ classes.  I
  have a reference counted String class, which properly implements
  copy-on-write semantics.  This is modeled on Rogue Wave's RWCString.
  It includes RWCString style section operations.  Associated with the
  string class is a reference counted, growable, array class.  This
  code is the result of many weeks of effort.  It comes with it's own
  test suite for the reference counted String class and related
  objects.  I originally wrote this with ANTLR in mind, since I was
  not happy with the class library either.

  This source code is available under conditions similar to ANTLR.
  That is "do what thou wilt", as long as you agree to accept the
  liability (e.g., if it fails, don't sue me).  You can most certainly
  use this code in commercial products.  All I ask is that you include
  a note about my authorship and copyright in the source code.

  The code and associated documentation can be found here:

  http://www.bearcave.com/software/string/index.html

  The code is documented using Doxygen as well.

  Ian Kaplan
  iank at bearcave.com