[antlr-interest] parse trees and syntax of parse trees

ronald.petty at milliman.com ronald.petty at milliman.com
Wed Apr 21 14:11:59 PDT 2004

If I wanted to make a parse tree for a language so I can transform it into
another tree, is there any use in creating a non tree grammar for that
language?

I am slightly confused about when to use the different types of grammars
(token or tree).  At first I was under the impression you make the token
grammar then convert to the tree.  If that is correct why would you do
that?  If it is wrong what is the normal way to do it.  I looked at some
examples and they seem to either be completly seperate or a mixture of
both whichs leads me to my middle ground of not understanding.

Thanks
Ron

This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Unless indicated
to the contrary: it does not constitute professional advice or
opinions upon which reliance may be made by the addressee or any
other party, and it should be considered to be a work in progress.