[antlr-interest] XPA astFactory.dupTree bug?

David Ryan oobles at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 01:39:13 PDT 2004

I've started doing some rather nasty re-arranging of my XML data
structures using antlr and XPA.  This has involved expanding the tree
by copying parts of a tree, and then pasting them back into multiple
parts of the tree.  One pass for collecting inputs, and second pass
for paste.

I've discovered that just re-inserting the same AST into multiple
parts of the tree can end in infinite loops.  I'm now trying to
duplicate the AST trees as I put them back into the tree.  The
XMLStartAST does not have an empty constructor to support the
astFactory.dupTree method.

Is there another way to duplicate XMLStartAST trees?  Is this the
right way to go about expanding a tree?

Thanks,
David.

PS Wish I could make the antlr workshop.  Ashame the few thousand km
makes it so difficult to get to. :)  Any Antlarians going to oopsla?
I'll probably make it there this year.