[antlr-interest] Re: Is antlr the right tool for this job?

William Bland wjb at abstractnonsense.com
Sun Aug 22 16:19:01 PDT 2004

First off, thanks very much to Loring and David for their replies, and
to everyone who has contributed to Antlr to make it such a great tool!

I've managed to do everything I wanted to do (generating documentation
from Java source code) and it's been much, much easier than with any of
the other approaches I've tried.

There's just one minor niggle:  When I'm looking at an AST, to generate
documentation from it, it would sometimes be useful to get the line and
column where the code fragment starts in the source file.  From the AST
JavaDoc, it looked to me like getLine() and getColumn() would do the
trick, but they appear to always return zero.  Any ideas?

Thanks again,
		Bill.
--
Dr. William Bland                          www.abstractnonsense.com
Now listening to Nothing (Media player is not running)