[antlr-interest] Graphs and Grammars

walterstudent walterstudent at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 13:16:23 PDT 2004

Hi guys,

I am rather new to the ANTLR and would like to ask a single question.

At the moment I am working with Directed Acyclic Graphs (DAG) that
result from some of the dependency relationships that I investigate
in DNA microarrays data.

The question that I have is following:

Can I use ANTLR or some other tool to create a grammar
representation of my graph and how can I do it. The reverse question
also interests me. Namely given a grammar can I generate easily from
it DAG and how?

Typically my graphs have as nodes variables that take nominal values
and I would like to obtain some alternative representation of my
graph.

Now if I could create this alternative grammar representation, could
I put it into some grammar specific algorithms to preprocess it in
some way? If so what algorithms are there available?

Thank you for your help.

If you would be kind enough to help me please sent email to
zwalter at free.fr.

Thanks,
Walter