[antlr-interest] Re: C++ Grammar for .Net VC++ 7.1

Ric Klaren ric.klaren at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 07:08:35 PST 2004

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:19:09 -0000, jimmyatwork1 <jimmyatwork1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> VC6 is over 6 years old.  It predates the C++ standard.  7.0, and 7.1
> even more, conform well to the ANSI/ISO standard.  The example code
> distributed with David Wigg's 3.0 C++ grammar works with VC6, as
> expected, but fails in 7.1.  I don't have results for a 7.0 build.

Fails as in doesn't compile? Or fails in the sense of strange
behaviour? A little while back I only had to do minor tweaking to get
it to run on gcc 3.4, which means it shouldn't be all that bad with
vc7.1. (although that was with the old version but even that should
not make that big a difference)

Cheers,

Ric