[antlr-interest] exceptions in the lexer

Harald Mueller harald.m.mueller at bigfoot.com
Tue Dec 7 01:48:05 PST 2004

> Hey, Just extend you user-defined exceptions from RuntimeException and
> throw
> them.

He explicitly didn't want to do this - but I also do it (using a
WrappingRuntimeException which I need at other places anyway (e.g. for the
Runnable.run() method)).

> You catch all your RuntimeExceptions don't you?
> Remember OutOfMemoryException is not necessarly fatal.

This is not an Exception, but an Error - you would never catch this.

Regards
Harald M. Müller

> matthew

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!