[antlr-interest] Relentless recovery (was: [getting OT ...])

matthew ford Matthew.Ford at forward.com.au
Wed Dec 8 01:48:21 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "John D. Mitchell" <johnm-antlr at non.net>
To: <antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 8:52 AM
Subject: [antlr-interest] Relentless recovery (was: [getting OT ...])

> > It is dissapointing that the text books have trained a generation of
Java
> > programmers who will not even try.
>
> Isn't "indignant apathy" the lowest level of hell in Dante's Inferno?

Well indignant yes but not apathy.  I feel like I am waging a one man war
against
the "Give up and dump the application on the first error" mentality.  See my
website on GUI programming for
my detailed contribution to the war.
http://www.forward.com.au/javaProgramming/javaGuiTips/index.html

 Any one want to join the one man army?

P.S. thanks for the micro-rebooting pointer.
It is just automating the user starting up the application again
(for server use) after the programmer dumps the application instead of
trying to
recover from an error.
However the user still looses their work in the process.
So I do not see rebooting as a method of
error recovery since none of the user's work was recovered.

matthew