[antlr-interest] Re: A simple Visual C++ example

Ric Klaren ric.klaren at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 06:07:08 PST 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:18:42 -0000, eugene_babeshko
<eugene_babeshko at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Check out examples/cpp/calc of the distribution. Main2.cpp and
> > Main3.cpp demonstrate ways of how you feed a string to an antlr
> > parser. The .g file contains a simple expression parser evaluator.
>
> Thanks:) How can I make conditions parsing?
>
> Input:
>
> if (0)
>    print (0)
> endif

You mean how can you check the complete result of an expression ? Or
do checks inside the parser ? Anycase the first you can see in the
example the second is explained in the docs, antlr is not a tool you
can mess with without a proper understanding of it's features (or
parsing in general). It's also very helpfull to read the generated
code to get a feel for what is happening. For examples like calc this
is very manageable.

Cheers,

Ric