[antlr-interest] spoke to soon: gmane sucks. period.

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Thu Dec 16 11:22:17 PST 2004

Ok, so have these people actually tried to use their site?  I cannot
get text to appear half the time.  Some kind of weird cookie crap going
on too so same url shows about 100 different views.  IE doesn't seem to
show the content.  As somebody who spent 5 heinous years of his life
building websites, I can tell you that this is just not that hard of a
problem.

Ugh.  Ok, so

http://groups.google.com/

looks like it might actually work.  At least we can trust their search
facility. ;)  Not sure about uploading old stuff.  Ack.  Doesn't look I
can upload old email easily. :(

The Mailman software requires apache but should work.  Found a way to
upload files... boy is it UGLY!  Ugh.  Well, perhaps I'll set up an
interface to the mail through antlr.org's server by tunneling.  Anyway,
looks like it will work and I can then spider it.  We should be good to
go.  New antlr.org box is being built as we speak.  DNS should switch
this weekend.  I'll let you know when I can switch the mailing list.

perforce repository will move this weekend as well

Ter
Cofounder, http://www.jguru.com