[antlr-interest] testing new interest list

Ric Klaren ric.klaren at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 16:29:24 PST 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:17:52 -0500, Bryan Ewbank <ewbank at gmail.com> wrote:
> The two downsides I see of default "reply-to-sender" is that:
> (1) Each sender will get the gone-fishing messages and various errors
> when something fails to go fishing properly, rather than the list
> spiking them
>
> (2) Default reply to sender means that some responses will not end up
> in the archive for the list - only the sender will get the answer.
> This means we will likely see an increase in mails of the form "I have
> the same question as ... what was the answer?".

Don't care much myself personally. Case of 1 is probably not that
often (I hope) never saw it got out of hand much on any list I've been
on. Anyway..

Another thing often lists have a periodical post with some general
list trivia, I guess these are often generated automatically? Is it an
idea to build one of those. (and prevent the regular 'Net nanny' posts
by some unnamed community member....) Could try to make a concept one
if people think it's a good idea.

Cheers,

Ric