[antlr-interest] FEATURE REQUEST: 'virtual' in ASTFactory (C++)

Ric Klaren ric.klaren at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 04:26:54 PST 2004

Hi,

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:10:13 +0300, Sergej Zagursky <gvozdoder at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that all create() methods in class ASTFactory should be
> 'virtual' (in C++ code).
> What do you think?
>
> Absence of 'virtual' makes it difficult to create user-defined AST
> factories.

Do you only need the create's? Or more? At least the ASTFactory
contains a lot of pretty specific stuff and I could suspect that you
need more in some cases. Out of curiosity what are you trying to make?

A small change like this can probably already arrive in 2.7.5
depending on the release schedule.

Cheers,

Ric